What They Say About Ken Nicholas & MindOnMedia[Sales]…
Who are the ‘they’ we are referring to exactly? A variety of people from various professions & points of view, and their actual quotes concerning myself, and this Blog. Many thanks to those quoted verbatim here:::
- Our first mention/appearance in the pages of ClickZ, with Expert columnist Hollis Thomases. The article is entitled, “Ad Technology vs. Agency: Who Has the Advertiser’s Ear?”. MoM[S] collaborated on development ideas for this piece & appreciates the mention/recognition.
* * *
- We received two great comments back, from our first time speaking at Digital Hollywood Content Summit, Spring 2012: “…it was great seeing your panel yesterday! Loved all of the thoughts and insights on [our web channel/project]…“, Founder of So Natural TV.
- Also, “Thank you so much for the presentation today. … Thank you again for your inspiring information.” – Vaughn Gill, Veritas Beauty.
- What can I say here, except that ours at MoM[S] was clearly a Thought Leadership piece nearly a year prior to the author’s…and yet the author acknowledges this [despite his much higher visibility] with some very kind words. We’ll take it!
* * *
- “You have been such a phenomenal resource for us, and I’m hoping to take advantage of that again…” As quoted from a Midwest client ramping up their Digital effort, in 2010-2012. [Even better? They stated this 6 months after the last work done for them.]
- 2012: [From Will Roche, SVP of Raymark, on MoM[S] “This should be on your wall to look at everyday!” Yes, thank you, Will!
- From, “You are doing an INCREDIBLE job of running this call and sharing the issues…“, to, “LOVED your leadership role on that call. You have more background and current knowledge in this arena than we can muster…“; these were comments from a recent Sales client, coming from the CEO of an educational marketing platform firm, with a growing national footprint.
- Some comments from my recent Guest coursework spot, with Mark Gantt, for his ‘Take Action! A Kick-Ass Webseries Workshop with The Bannen Way’s Mark Gantt’. Taught in West LA, Jan 2011:
“Thx again @MarkGantt for sharing your web wisdom & introducing us to the amazing Ken Nicholas (@MindNMediaSales). I’m inspired by you both!” – @UGottaWoody
“Ken Nicholas (@MindNMediaSales) laying down major knowledge!! So cool. http://twitpic.com/3sgu3g” – @MarkGantt
“…and Ken coming in today, sharing with us his mind-blowing, f*cking money sh*t…” – Mark Gantt [in reference to the coursework that I taught, and collaborated with him on, for this workshop. [Too bad such a great quote...is one we can never tell the folks about. Best quote ever!]
* * *
- “You have a great career track including autotrader.com and other digital marketing solutions. Look forward to keeping in touch. [...and the] high number of contacts [you have on LinkedIN] is a testimony to you Ken proving how many people you’ve had a positive impact on over your career…” – Gary Moore, President/Founder of Insight Edge, on LinkedIN.
* * *
From our coursework taught at WebTVWorkshop, on Branding/Advertising/Marketing/Social Media:
- “Dear Ken, …the presentation I’ve just received [of yours, done for WebTVWorkshop with excerpted elements by this writer, Martin Lindstrom] looks excellent. I wish you the best of luck with your good work.” – Martin Lindstrom, NY Times bestselling author of both Brand Sense and buy.ology, TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2009, and co-founder of Buyology, LLC with Donna Sturgess.
- “I was at the webtvworkshop you spoke to on Monday, and first of all, thanks for sharing so much information. It was very cool of you to take the time to speak to us…”, as quoted from a student in the May 2011 program.
- “Thank you Ken. Your presentation was extraordinary! … I hope you enjoy my series. It will be going to a whole new level now that I took such a amazing Web class! – Mike Hennessey, commenting on coursework on Sales/Branding/Revenues, as taught by Ken at WebTVWorkshop. Mr Hennessey is Creator/Exec Prod of Dino Dogz and The Queerburgs web series.
- “Hey Ken, It was great to see you again last night and I really enjoyed sitting in on your class.” – Efren Toscano/CEO of TechZulu. Mr Toscano is referring to his firms’ attendance during my session taught at WebTVWorkshop, after which they conduct the ‘livestreaming’ of WTvW’s ‘Pro-Panel’ series for the WebContent community.
- “Great job last night Ken. Really loved the lecture, lots to absorb as John and I are still getting a handle on all the social medial, branding, pitching, etc…” – Damian Cacere, LA Filmmaker & student at WebTVWorkshop, commenting on Ken & MoM[S]‘s ‘Revenue Landscape’ coursework on Branding/Advertising/Sales/Sponsorhips.
- Via @WebAdvantage, on Twitter: “Great interview with @hollisthomases, Online Marketing’s “Voice of Reason” for @MindNMediaSales: http://bit.ly/cIKDh6“
- Hey Ken, Thanks for the follow. Loved your post on the 19 revenue sources for content creators. Have a great week… – via @MurkyM, on Twitter. Thanks very much!
- “…I just read a couple of your posts and your blog is great! It looks like you have recruited some great guest poster’s too. …I hope you don’t mind if I share it with with a few folks.”, from an email exchange with Rick Calvert, CEO/Co-Founder – Blogworld & New Media Expo Thanks, Rick!
* * *
- “@MindNMediaSales you’ve got to come to our red carpet party and see your “seed marketing” in action!” – As quoted on Twitter, by Helenna Santos, star of Stage, TV/Theater & of course, the Web.
- “Thanks for the kind words & perspective, Ken!”, in Comments by Hollis Thomases, ClickZ Columnist & President of Web Ad.vantage
- “It was good talking with you today. You gave me a lot of great ideas…”, as written in an email following a Skype session about some potential Sales consulting MoM[S] might conduct, from the CEO/Founder of an Israeli web company, specializing in Career-based web properties.
- “Thanks Ken, The question you pose @ the end is a good one, which budgets do these come from…[?]“, in reference to the post done on 2/23/10, entitled, Kia Campaign Reaches Across Digital Mags via Zinio – MediaBuyerPlanner. As quoted from the Chairman/CEO of a leading family of Autos-related websites.
- “@hollisthomases: A special thx to @MindNMediaSales for taking the time to contribute some dedicated ideas to me. :)” – As quoted from Twitter, by WebAd.vantage CEO & ClickZ columnist, Hollis Thomases, about some article ideas/concepts that may be of interest for future columns. April 2010.
- “Ken, Saw your WordPress blog. You have some very interesting content…”, Bez Rengifo/Talent Acquistion Visionary, via LinkedIN.
- I checked out your site and it’s great! Look forward to getting your updates… [via Twitter, from @IntMrktngExpt]
- “Your articulate response, Ken, is spot on…”, as quoted from Gary Kaplan on LinkedIN, regarding an article on ‘Attitude is so important’, from the Pasadena Star-News.
- “I’ve been enjoying your blog musings and appreciate your insight into this ever-evolving media landscape of ours.” – Nat’l Sales Dir/Media Svcs Provider, NYC
- > “PinkSlipped @theresamoretti @mindnmediasales did a great presentation to job seekers to help them find jobs. #pinkslipmixers” – [From Twitter as written by Edwin Duterte, Founder & Host of the social networking jobs support group, PinkSlipMixers. 28Jan2010.]
- “Ken, this is an excellent post and blog, especially for people like me in the older generation who are trying (my best) to understand and make use of social networking tools such as Twitter.” Doug Stowell, TheInterviewMaster.com.
- “…a very [interesting], matter-of-fact article and is indeed straight to the point.”, as quoted over several email notes by the CEO/Founder of a prominent Music Streaming site, on the 3/3/10 post entitled, “Web Music/Web Radio Revenues Set to Rev?.”
- “Loved your blog post abt using Twitter for job search. This is something I believe in and speak abt. Wd love to connect.” – Social Media Professional, Colleen Bruemmer.
- “By the way, I have read some of your blog entries which I enjoyed.” – Talent Acquisition Dir/Top 3 Web Metrics Firm
- “I read your blog — very cool!” – DeborahM/Celebrity Catering Firm Adviser/North Hollywood
- Good points, I think I will definitely subscribe! I’ll go and read some more! – AnnetteG… on Yahoo!
- “He [Ken] has an exceptional ability in cultivating business relationships and brings unique value to any campaign or project he works on.”, as quoted from LinkedIN by former boss, Shawnee Sweringen after the demise of our Autos team in mid-2009.
Like what you read on MoM[S]? Let me know, or Comment on a blog posting that you like. I’ll be glad to place your quote here, too!